Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Prayers, Thank you's and God's Word

Prayer is the languageImage by Lel4nd (busy) via Flickr

The above Verse of the Day according to the Amplified Version: For this same reason you pay taxes, for [the civil authorities] are official servants under God, devoting themselves to attending to this very service.

Good Evening to All!

My post has several facets tonight. First, I would like to send a huge THANK YOU to Lynette for saving me all of her aluminum cans. She gave me a Very large bag, several medium bags and several small bags of cans. I collect these cans and sell them to create money to send to our "Foreign Missions at church. At this time, aluminum isn't going for much, so needless to say, it takes quite a lot of cans collected to make a difference. By donating cans to me, y'all are also helping to fund our Missionaries over seas, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thanks again Lynette.

Now for the next facet of this post. I would like to ask you all to say a little prayer for a gentleman by the name of Dr. Bill Calhoun. He is one of the sweetest people I know, and I am honored to know him. He is the 87 year old widower that I mentioned in my blog a while back who is the WWII Veteran who's WWII Website I linked to. He is very sharp-minded for his age and always has an interesting story to tell me while I'm cleaning his house. Anyway, he fell the other day and hurt his arm pretty bad. He didn't want to go to the doctor because he said he already has a VA appointment next week, but between his daughter and I we got him to go. I harped at him to go by telling him all the things that could go wrong, (it looked like he was losing the circulation in his arm as it was very discolored and swollen down to his knuckles, then his fingers mid-knuckles down were pure white. Anyway, his daughter made an appointment For him and he went. Luckily, I might add. When he got to the doctor, the doctor listened to his heart then all focus on his arm pretty much vanished and all was placed on his heart. Come to find out, his heart was skipping beats badly. As God would have it, the hospital had a visiting Cardiologist there today. Dr. Calhoun's doctor asked the Cardiologist to look at Dr. Calhoun, and after a battery of EKGs, and so forth, it was determined that Dr. Calhoun would need a pacemaker implanted into his heart. Now if it were a younger person, it wouldn't bother me so much, but at his age, any kind of surgery is dangerous. So please keep Dr. Calhoun in your prayers. I appreciate this very much.

**************************************************************************
**************************************************************************

Daily Inspirations from the NIV (Devotional)

The kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved by men. Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. Romans 14:17-19

The Amplified Version says it this way: (17) [After all] the kingdom of God is not a matter of [getting the] food and drink [one likes], but instead it is righteousness (that state which makes a person acceptable to God) and [heart] peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
(18)he who serves Christ in this way is acceptable and pleasing to God and is approved by men.
(19) So let us then definitely aim for and eagerly pursue what makes for harmony and for mutual upbuilding (edification and development) of one another. Romans 14:17-19

We ought always to think God for you,l brothers, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love every one of you has for each other is increasing.
2 Thessalonians 1:3

Long to Worship You

The Amplified Version says it this way: We ought and indeed are obligated [as those in debt] to give thanks always to God for you, brethren, as is fitting, because your faith is growing exceedingly and the love of every one of you each toward the others is increasing and abounds.
2 Thessalonians 1:3

Each of us will give an account of himself to God....Make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way. Romans 14:12-13

The Amplified Version says it this way: (12) And so each of us shall give an account of himself [give an answer in reference to judgment] to God. (13) Then let us no more criticize and blame and pass judgment on one another, but rather decide and endeavor never to put a stumbling block or an obstacle or a hindrance in the way of a brother. Romans 14:12-13

******************************************************************************
******************************************************************************

I hope y'all will forgive me for such a short post, but my hubby and I have to get up extra early in the morning to go to his VA doctor appointment in Temple. It's been a Very Long Day, and I'm about to fall asleep sitting here typing.

Please click on the Animal Rescue Button.

Good Night All and May God Bless.

PJ

1 comment:

lynette355 said...

PJ thanks for the prayer support.

Wanted to give you an update. Florette is home from the hospital. Still checking on her numbers not being stable but doing much better.
Thanks for the prayer support for myself too. LOL Can you believe that "she" put a restraining order on me and Dear Hubby. As if we would go into her place of business again anyway. How silly!