Monday, November 2, 2009

Wisdom and Prayers


I chose this picture because the lighthouse is a symbol of guidance, and it takes God's wisdom to guide us in our daily lives.


Daily Inspirations from the NIV

Get wisdom, get understanding;
do not forget my words or swerve from them.
Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you;
love her and she will watch over you.
Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom.
Though it cost all you have, get understanding. .

Esteem her, and she will exalt you;
embrace her and she will honor you.
She will set a garland of grace on your head
and present you with a crown of splendor.

Proverbs 4:5-9

Good Evening Everyone!

Today was another run of the mill day. I started out by going to "Curves" to do my work-out. The owner is a really sweet lady. She gave me a Christian CD of her church group singing. and its really good. Speaking of CD's Curves has some really neat exercise CD's. Have you ever tried to work out to Amazing Grace at 140 beats per minute? It is awesome. More songs are Victory in Jesus, Shine Jesus Shine, and many others. They sound so cool! Nothing like worship and praising God while you're getting a really good work out.

I don't know how many of you keep up with my Prayer Line, but for those that do, I have a praise report. Alfred Evans had surgery done on his head for skin cancer. He went back today for his follow-up and all is clean and clear. I am so pleased. GOD IS GREAT!
On a sadder note, Henry Seagraves is undergoing some very tough chemo for his cancer. The chemo makes him sick so they gave him shots to help ease his sickness. The only thing is, they are up to giving him 2 shots for it, and the shots are doing no good. They are of no help. This man is my sister-in-law's cousin. I am asking a special plea that you will pray that God's will be done for him. Sometimes, I have found out that after so long, and so much suffering, it is better to pray for God's will to be done. This way, either they will be healed, or God will take them home. I don't mean to sound callous by any means, it's just that sometimes prolonging their stay and asking for healing is for our benefit, not the precious soul that is ill. I am definitely NOT advocating not praying for healing. I pray every day for the people on my prayerline to be healed. It's just sometimes you can see the end of the line. You can see in their eyes that they are tired of fighting, and just want to go "home". Unless, I am told otherwise though, I pray for healing. We have a merciful God and He will heal. The thing is, I have never read in His Word anything about all His healing will be done on earth. I know a lot of it is, I have seen and felt crooked backs straighten, cancer cured, ulcers healed just all kinds of healings so I know He does heal while we are here on earth, but not exclusively. Sometimes, He takes them home to heal them. Anyway, thank you for helping me pray. I know our prayers have help several people on the list already. Little Max and Collin both were healed. Mr Evans was healed and I know there have been others. My memory is just too short. I always joke with people and tell them "if I had a memory, it would be a short one."

Starting Monday, I hope to be participating in R House's Matching Mondays. I saw it on Yaya's blog, and asked her how to become a part of it. Anyway, I'm looking forward to that. I am also wanting to check into doing something with the SPCA. I love children and animals, and have neither, (well, I guess I can't really say no animals.) Even though I don't consider them pets we have a menagerie of cats that hang around. I don't consider them ours though. They're here for the mice and snakes (we live sort of in the country). Although, my husband feeds them too much, so the only thing they hunt for is the front door. Anyway, I would like to do something for both organizations.
Aren't these pictures adorable? If this hen can protect this puppy, why is it so hard for humans to protect one another no matter what race, color or creed?
Well, it's getting close to the "witching hour" and I don't want to turn into a pumpkin, so I guess I'd better go for now.

Good Night and May God Bless!

PJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go here:
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/linktous.faces?siteId=3&link=ctg_ars_linktous_from_thankyou_leftnav

You can get a code to add a button to your sidebar that people can click on every day and their click helps animals in need. Just by clicking!