Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Little bit Wisdom-A Little Bit Praise

Good Evening to All!

Tonight, wrestled with myself on what to post, then I went and looked at my e-mails on one site, the wrestled some more, then looked at my e-mails on another site, the looked through some of my books, the wrestled some more. I finally took out my little "Daily Inspiration from the NIV, opened it up, and there were two pages right there together that caught my eye, and "tickled my fancy". Truth be known, although I know the majority of people find Psalms to be their favorite book of the Bible, I prefer "instructional books" such as Proverbs, Isaiah, or Acts. I know that praise is important to God, and I do praise Him. I praise Him with my lips, my heart, my hands, with every part of my being. I don't need to read the Psalms to know how to praise Him. If I, myself need lifting up, I pray, or sing praises to Him and that makes my heart sing. As for reading, as in any regular book, I prefer instructional, how to, self help ( God's help in this case).
This is why these two scriptures caught my eye.

A Little Bit Wisdom

If you accept my words,
and store up my commands within you,
turning your ear to wisdom
and applying your heart to understanding,
and if you call out for insight
and cry aloud for understanding,
and if you look for it as for silver,
and search for it as for hidden treasure,
then you will understand the fear of the LORD,
and find the knowledge of God.
For the LORD gives wisdom,
and from his mouth come knowledge and
understanding.

Proverbs 2:1-6

As I have said several times in the past, although there are different versions written to simplify the context or literary aspect of the Bible. My favorite is and shall remain the King James Version. It is one of the most beautiful "languages or dialects" I have ever heard. Therefore, if you will indulge me, I will rewrite these verses in KJV. Thank You.

Proverbs 2: 1-6 King James Version

My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;
So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;
Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as hid treasures;
Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.
For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

A Little Bit Praise

By the word of the LORD were the heavens made,
their starry host by the breath of his mouth.
He gathers the waters of the sea into jars;
he puts the deep into storehouses.
Let all the earth fear the LORD;
let all the people of the world revere him.
For he spoke, and it came to be;
he commanded, and it stood firm....
The plans of the LORD stand firm forever,
the purposes of his heart through all
generations.


Psalm 33: 6-9, 11

By the word of the LORD were the heavens made;
and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.
He gathereth the waters of the sea together as an heap: He
layeth up the depth in storehouses.
Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the
world stand in awe of him.
For he spake and it was done; he commanded and it stood fast.
The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of
his heart to all generations.

Psalm 33:6-9, 11 - King James Version

I hope everyone has enjoyed this little bit of insight.
May God Bless and Keep you !

Good Night All!

Love & Prayers,


Share/Bookmark

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: