Monday, April 12, 2010

Challenge Answers, Bible, Near Future




















The pictures on the left are of the actual tree in which Zacchaeus sat when talking to Jesus and the one below explains the story.




Good Evening to All!


The answers to the Bible Challenge are:

1. the Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John.

2. False--to save it (John 12:47)

3. c) Nicodemus (John 2:3-4)

4. b) heal the sick (Luke 9:1-6)

5. b) deny/cross (Matthew 16:24)

6. d) Zacchaeus didn't invite Jesus to dinner; Jesus invited Himself to Zacchaeus' house
(Luke 19:1-10)

7. b) because Jesus and His clothes became radiant. (Matthew 17:1-9, Mark 9:2-9, Luke 9:28-36)

8. Moses and Elijah (Matthew 17:1-3, Mark 9:2-4, Luke 9:28-31)

9. c) over the death of Lazarus (John 11)

10. c) tombs (Matthew 23:27)


Next Sunday's Bible Challenge will be "Cloak & Dagger" Does that peak your interest?

**************************************************************

Jesus said, "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Matthew 6:19-21

"Behold, I am coming soon!," says the Lord Jesus. "My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done."
Revelation 22:12

I wanted to elaborate on this last scripture as it may be easy for some people to misunderstand. According to my NKJV Reference Bible, this particular verse says: The rewarding of each believer according to his or her works is taught in 2 Cor. 5:10. Christ's rewards are meant to provide a powerful incentive for an OBEDIENT life. Little wonder that the apostle Paul rigorously disciplined himself so that he would not be disqualified from the reward of reigning with Christ( see 1 Cor. 9:24-27). The judgement seat of Christ can be a time of great regret, or it can be an occasion of supreme joy (see 2 Cor. 5:9-11). After Christ comes again, He will give rewards to His own. This can be counted on because Christ is in control of all history and eternity.

We will not get into heaven by "being a good person" or just doing good deeds. It is possible to be a "good person, be charitable abide by the ten commandments and still not get into heaven, if God will is not obeyed. There is much more to living for God than following the ten commandments.

As those of you who read my post this past Friday know, I attended a conference or seminar on the "End Times" with Irvin R. Baxter. He has been studying this subject for over 40 years. According to the Bible, there are seven dispensations. There are 7 seals to be opened. We are in the midst of the sixth. Anyway, I just thought I would throw that little tid-bit out there. Most of you probably already know that. This was a very interesting conference. I however was a little let down because the only subject he touched on was the "political arena" and celebrities. For example he talked about Paul Warberg who was the creator of the Federal Reserve. It was originally created so that just a VERY few people would have control of ALL the money. He talked about the "New World Order" which several politicians are already on board with. All this is not new news. It was known even before Walter Cronkite retired or passed away. He even made a comment (we saw a news clip of him) saying that he was "honored to be sitting at the right hand of Satan". Of course he was being sarcastic, but just the same, that's not something to be joked about in these times or in the seriousness of this nature. They showed several political figures on board with it also. I don't mean to go on and on. I just take this subject very seriously and want to alert people of what's coming. The thing is these people are so subtle that bad things can happen before we realize it if we aren't watchful. I'm hoping to start watching the videos that I bought at the conference or seminar

Good Evening to All!(I really don't know what to call it). I would like to watch one and then give an account of what it was about on my blog. I don't know how many would really be interested, but lately I haven't been getting very many comments anyway. Let me know what you think. Leave a comment as to whether you would like for me to do that. I bought 4 dvd's. "The US Destiny", "Israel's Prophecy Revealed", "World War III", and "2 Billion to Die in the next 12 months? ". I am trying to remember the titles by memory, so they might not be exact, but the subjects are correct. Let me know what you think.

Good night and May God Bless!


Share/Bookmark

No comments: