Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Comparison of Bible Verses

Cover for a <span class=Image via Wikipedia

Good Evening to All!

My God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19
( Pictured right- NIV Bible)

Now, I looked this verse up in the King James Version and it was exactly the same
EXCEPT for word "meet". In the KJV, it says SUPPLY. He will SUPPLY all my needs. Yes, I know it's just semantics, but to me, supply sounds more definite. To "meet" my needs is to "touch" my needs. Kind of like when my hands meet in prayer. To supply is to give all that is needed and then some. God will supply all of my needs. I don't know, call me crazy. I just like the KJV better.

I pray that out of God's glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, begin rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Ephesians 3:16-19 (Pictured Right- KJV Bible)


May He grant you out of the rich treasury of His glory to be strengthened and reinforced with mighty power in the inner man by the [Holy] Spirit [Himself indwelling your innermost being and personality]. (17) May Christ through your faith [actually] dwell (settle down, abide, make His permanent home) in your hearts! May you be rooted deep in love and founded securely on love, (18) that you may have the power and be strong to apprehend and grasp with all the saints [God's devoted people, the experience of that love] what is the breadth and length and height and depth [of it]. (19) [that you may really come] to know [practically, through experience for yourselves] the love of Christ, which far surpasses mere knowledge 'without experience]; that you may be filled 'through all your being] unto all the fullness of God [may have the richest measure of the divine Presence, and become a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself]! Ephesians 3:16-19 AMP. version This happens to be the Everyday Life Bible Amplified Version Featuring notes and commentary by Joyce Meyer. It is an EXCELLENT study Bible.

Good Night and May God Bless!


Share/Bookmark

No comments: