Thursday, April 15, 2010

Prayer for Wisdom and Revelation

St. Paul by Lorenzo <span class=Image by mharrsch via Flickr

Good Evening to All!

Did you know that Ephesus is in Turkey?

This passage was written by Paul to the Church of Ephesus.

I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way. Ephesians 1:17-23

We all need to pray for wisdom and revelation so that we can get to know God better. There is NO WAY humanly possible to get to know Him just by "reading". God is a Spiritual being, therefore, we must get to know Him in Spirit. The ONLY way to do that is through prayer, then reading of His Holy Word. As He is Holy, so is His Word. Hence the reason people have come to me and said I don't read the Bible because I don't understand it. My first question to them is," have you prayed for the ability to understand before you read"? Nine times out of ten, they say no. Without prayer, the Bible is Just A Book, With prayer of understanding, it opens up a whole new experience. Living, breathing words that come to life. I guarantee if you will try it, you will see a big difference in the way you see the Bible. The Holy Spirit will open this new world to you and you will get a deeper meaning of the same scripture every time you read, IF YOU PRAY BEFORE HAND FOR understanding. A light bulb will click on where you might have read many times before, but didn't understand . I know because it happened to me. I used to read and read trying to understand what the Bible was "trying to say to me", but without praying. It was like one of those books that no matter how hard you tried it was impossible to get interested in. Finally, I got exasperated and just said, "ok God, I give up. I have "tried to be a good Christian and read the Bible, but I flat just don't understand it. It sounds like a bunch of "words" to me. Please! If you want me to read, Help me understand it. So I won't feel like I'm wasting my time. Guess What! I started reading, and I felt the words go right to my heart. I actually understood what was being said! Try it and see ! You won't be sorry!


Good Night and May God Bless!


Share/Bookmark

No comments: