Tuesday, April 20, 2010

And the Blessings Keep Coming!

Free English ClassesImage by iirraa via Flickr


Hey Everybody!

Well, hopefully this will be a fairly short post, to make up for last night's. I have figured out that nobody likes a post that tends to go on and on. At least not my long ones anyway.The picture of the Bag says Free English Classes. ESL.

I am so excited! I ran into the lady that originally wanted me to teach her English a while back. Come to find out, she had ended up having to go back to Mexico for a while, so that's why I haven't seen her at Curves, or around town. Anyway, we saw each other outside the grocery store today and she asked me about teaching her English! I'm supposed to start teaching her Thursday morning. I've already got her first lesson ready! I have also been typing a "Training Manual on Drug and Alcohol Abuse Counseling (Advising) for a lady at our church. She is a nurse who has been working in this area for a very long time. Now she has a burden to start a "recovery program at our church for our community. Once that gets off the ground then other areas of outreach will start taking place such as my Literacy and ESL program. I hope it will be as successful as it was when I volunteered doing it before. I even had the Texas Work Force (employment commission) on board with me for GED classes. It was great! I don't know if it will get that big this time, but I do know that our community and the surrounding area needs a program like this. The programs are of course "free" as they are being given as outreach from our church, so anyone in the Comanche, Texas area interested can contact the New Life Pentecostal Church and you will be directed to someone who can help you.

******************************************
******************************************

I can't remember if I've done this already or not, so just in case, thank you Rachel of Christians in Good Company for your Give-Away of the Joyce Meyer book, "The Confident Woman". I received it a little over a week ago and have been wanting to start reading it and let you know what it's about, but haven't had a chance yet. I really need this encouragement, as I am a person of low self esteem, and I know it can help me.

*****************************************
*****************************************
The LORD will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
they will lift you up in their hands,so that you will not strike you foot against
a stone.

You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;you will trample the great lion
and the serpent,
"Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation."

Psalm(91:11-16 NIV

According to the NKJV Reference of these scriptures: His angels...a stone: These words were used by Satan to tempt the Savior (Matthew 4:5-6). the lion and the cobra: The animal and snake imagery in this verse pictures all kinds of evil that might threaten the coming One. The Father will protect Him no matter what the danger. In verse 14, the verb used here for love is not the usual Hebrew word for love. It has the idea of "holding close to ," even "Hugging tightly in love" (Deut. 7:7, 10, 15). He has known My name speaks of an intimate, experiential knowledge of the Father (John 1:18), as he is God Himself.

Keep in mind, that EVERYTHING in the Bible is just as relevant today as it was thousands of years ago. We know this because God says so and He does not lie. He never changes. He is the SAME yesterday, today and forever.

Good Night to All and May God Bless!


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Yaya' s Home said...

Hi, PJ. I've been AWOL for awhile, now. I do try to get over here to visit. Congratulations on being able to teach English to your new friend.

Thank you for your message, today. I especially needed that word of encouragement.

~ Yaya
Yaya's Home

lynette355 said...

Patti, I am so glad to hear this good news. I know you have been reaching out so to help others. And this is a task that is so near and dear to your heart. Yippee!
First there was one....and so it grows.