Monday, June 21, 2010

Challenge Answers-Inspiration for Understanding





Good evening to All!

The Challenge Answers for "God's Love" are as follows:

1. d) 1,000 (Deuteronomy 7:9)
2. shepherd (Psalm 23:1)
3. d) life (Psalm 63:3)
4. b) Psalms (Psalm 107:8, 15, 21, 31)
5. a) Isaiah (Isaiah 66:13)
6. b) loving Jacob while hating Esau (Malachi 1:2-3)
7. His only begotten Son
8. c) the number of hairs on our heads (Luke 12:7)
9. d) cast all our cares on Him (1 Peter 5:7)
10. b) that we keep his commandments (1 John 5:3)

*******************************************************
Inspirations From the NIV

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are you ways my ways,"
declares the LORD,
"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it
without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."
Isaiah 55:8-11

As I have said many times before I prefer the King James Version:

(8) For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

(9) For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thought than your thoughts.

(10) For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth now thither, but watereth the earth and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

(11) So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.


I love this verse. For some reason it gives me comfort. When I start worrying about things, I read this scripture and remember that just because I don't understand why things are happening, that God's way of thinking and my way of thinking are TOTALLY different, and if I'm going to rely on someone's logic and reasoning, it better be God's because I make mistakes, God doesn't.

I chose this passage, because I look around and see that our world is flooded with disease and death. Yes, I have questioned my God about it. The above scripture is what he has shown me each time I called on Him. I know in our carnal world, it is hard to accept this verse and go on, but we must all remember that God has no beginning and no end. He is omniscient which tells me He knows all He is omnipresent which means is everywhere, so He sees all ...past, present, and future. Therefore, He knows what is best for all of us, because He knows the outcome of everything we do, and everything that happens to us. I cannot bring myself to believe that a loving God would just allow bad things to happen for no reason to His creation. He has reasons for allowing things to happen. There are several ways to look at this. One is that God caused it. That is untrue. God does not cause people to be sick. He is a loving, healing God. A second way is that Satan caused it, and God wasn't strong enough to keep him from it. That is untrue also. God is much more powerful than Satan in EVERY WAY. Even Satan trembles at the mention of God's name. The other explanation is that God has His reasons for allowing "life" to go on. Bad things happen in "life" sometimes. I saw a movie a long time ago in which a statement was made God created good AND evil. He had to create both because a person wouldn't be able to appreciate the "good" if bad things never happened and vice-versa. Well, I've rambled on enough. I hope you enjoyed my post. See you tomorrow.

Good night to all and May God Bless!



Share/Bookmark

No comments: