Sunday, June 20, 2010

Love - A Lesson for Us All



Good evening to all!

Now this picture is what I call UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. Would you do this for people you don't even know?

Now I will show you the most excellent way. If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but I have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
1 Corinthians 12:31-13:3

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13;13

In Christ Jesus.... the only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.
Galatians 5:6

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!.... This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. ....Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth.
1 John 3:1, 16, 18

Pictures are worth 1000 words. I truly believe that we as humans don't know the true meaning of love except be it between parent and child. As far as friends, or just as brothers and sisters in Christ, I'm am afraid this would be a conditional kind of love.

How many times do we say "I would take her to the doctor, but I don't have time. I need to go grocery shopping". I would "loan" him the money for some groceries, but I'm going to need it for gas. come on, be realistic, we all do it. Especially the one about money. You know, it's like I tell my hubby when he starts complaining if someone doesn't pay him back. I always tell him, don't lend money expecting to get it back. If you needed it that bad you wouldn't have loaned it in the first place, and that's truly how I feel. Yes, it's nice if people return it, but I never tell them they have to, and never expect it. That way it's a nice surprise if they do.

Good night to All and May God Bless!

Share/Bookmark

No comments: