Saturday, September 11, 2010

A GOOD KIND OF BURDEN



Good Evening to All!

Well! I FINALLY got the requirements for my book review completed! I can't believe I'm so dense! I still wouldn't have it done if it weren't for Lynette of Crazed Mind. She has pulled me through a lot of my problems. I would have probably given up by now if not for her and Redhead Riter. I have to just say it . I am NOT computer savvy anymore. There once was a time long ago when I knew what I was doing, but no more. Anyway, THANK YOU Lynette.

Devotional:

Graciously consider the prayer and supplication of Your servant, O Lord my God, to
hearken to the [loud] cry and prayer which he prays before You today. (1 Kings 8:28)

Sometimes as you are praying for others, you will get what some call a prayer burden, or an intercessory burden. A burden is something that comes to your heart and feels weighty and important; it is something God is asking you to carry in prayer; it is something you cannot shake. Sometimes God may speak to you and explain the burden to you. At other times you do not even know what the burden is or you do not fully understand it; you only know that you have to pray.

Some people are called to pray a lot for certain things. My (Joyce's) husband prays a lot for America. I know people who pray for Israel all the time. One woman told me she prayed for veterans returning from war. I believe God has every need in the world covered. We don't all need to pray for the same thing because, if we did, all the needs would not be taken care of. Pay attention to what God is placing on your heart and pray for that.

One of the ways God speaks to us is through giving us burdens for others. He does this often without words, but by a sense of weightiness and concern for people in our hearts. When this happens, He is asking us to pray for them. Pay attention to the burdens He gives you and be faithful to pray when He is asking you to do so.

God's Word For You Tonight: As you pray for others, remember that God also has someone praying for you.

Devotional taken from Joyce Meyer's "Hearing From GOD Each Morning".

Sorry for such a short post, but I fought so long on my Book review I am "blogged out". I promised I'll do better tomorrow.

Good night to All and May God Bless!


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

lynette355 said...

One step at a time dear, one step. And with you sore tush I bet those are lil baby steps too.
How is your lil hinney coming along? Healing up? Moving any better or still sitting on the donut. You know I would rather eat a donut than sit on one. LOL

Thanks for the shout out and the many happy anniversary wishes. They are all greatly appreciated!