Saturday, January 29, 2011

PLEASE READ-An Important Addition to the Post Below



Hello Y'all!

I tried, but I couldn't let this go. As you know I have spoke in the past about how we must be very careful about which versions we read. I am so glad I noticed this just now. If you remember, I quoted Galatians 5:19-26 Listing the works of the flesh. Let me re-iterate. The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; (20) idolatry and witchcraft; hatred discord, jealousy fits of rate, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions (21)and envy; drunkenness, orgies and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Now let me show the difference from the King James Version:

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these: Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness (inciting sexual desire), (20) Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations (Jealous rivalry), wrath, strife, seditions (attack upon an established government), heresies (teaching contrary to the truth of), (21) Envyings resentment toward another's success, jealousy), murders, drunkenness, revellings (boisterous merry-making festivities), and such like; of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you: in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

To some, this extra post may have seemed a bit silly after all, there wasn't THAT MUCH DIFFERENCE, but that much difference could actually mean
the difference between Heaven or Hades if a person doesn't get his act together and get with God on some serious repentance and forgiveness. This has really been educational for me and opened my eyes. Of some of these I was even unaware. I knew the verses and the words for example lasciviousness. I knew it had something to do with "immoral sex, but I didn't realize about the "inciting sexual desire such as wearing sexy clothing or exotic dancing. I knew these were a no-no, but I didn't know the specific word for them. Also, revellings. I never checked into that word either. I take it to mean parties with excessive alcohol and loudness. There again, I know drinking is a no-no, but had no idea about the specific word for it. I have really enjoyed doing these last two posts with my new books. I have really learned a lot and hope you have also!

God Bless,

Share/Bookmark

No comments: