Friday, February 6, 2015

"A CONNECTION WITH GOD"

 Good Morning to All! 

Before I get started on the crucial part of my post, please allow me to apologize for the "links".  I don't understand how they got there and were not intended.  If I can figure out how to remove them. I will do so.  Thank you so much for your patience.  I pray that you will get a blessing from this post.
 
I happened to pick up a book titled "The Power of Praying Through the Bible", which belonged to  one of my best friend's who past away several years ago. It inspired me to type these thoughts to my blog.

Have you ever thought about how strong God's connection is with us?  Some people like to think He is some "being" out in the distance just watching us like little ants as his play toys to keep Him occupied.  They feel that He is just interested in the "important things".  That couldn't be further from the truth.  It is not even a logical assumption.  I mean, look what He said in Genesis 2:7.  "The LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being".  

He is "the potter".  He carefully molded us. Now, why would God go to all that trouble, then not care about us or what we do?  That is like a woman having a baby, then leaving it to fend for itself.  "Not gonna happen".  God is interested in everything we do.  He knows the number of hairs on our head.  He wants to connect with us.

It is because of the "breath" which He breathed into us that we have our being.  It is because of His breath that we can speak, shout, and sing!  Why then are we so skittish about believing that God cares about every aspect of our lives. In most cases, don't the parents of children care about what is going on in their children's lives?  The same is with God.

He will not intrude, but if you invite Him in, and ask Him to be included  every part of your life  then you will see a BIG DIFFERENCE in the way you view Him.

He loves us and wants to be part of our lives from the littlest detail to the life-changing happenings of our lives, good and bad.

Don't take God's love for granted.  Accept it.  Understand that He is right here with us.  All we have to do is acknowledge Him in everything we
do,as Proverbs 3:6 directs us; "Acknowledge Him in all thy ways and He will direct thy paths" because without Him, nothing is possible.  In Matthew 19:26, Jesus tells us "with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.  

The more we believe that He is here for us, the stronger our faith is, and the more we can see Him working in our lives.  I pray every morning for God to give me strength, and

to direct my paths.  I see His work in me more and more and I notice even the little things that He does for me during my day.  I am quick to acknowledge Him and thank Him, because I know He has brought me a long way.  We definitely have developed a connection, but I continue to strive to make our connection even stronger.

I hope this little note has given you something to think about.  Time is getting short, and I'm sure no one wants to be left out as the "five foolish virgins' were in Matthew 25:1.  These women were not completely ready for Christ to come knocking.  They procrastinated too long and didn't have enough oil in there lamps to see them through, and just expected the other 5 to share.  We ALL need to be accountable for our own souls.  We ALL need to be prayed up, and have OUR OWN deep relationship with God, so that when He comes to take us, we won't be left out or have the door shut in our face.

We cannot rely on anyone else to do this for us.  This is why it is called a personal relationship.  Going to church is essential, so that we may learn more about God and hear the message that God has anointed the Pastor with.  We all need to talk to God just like He is sitting next to us.  I carry on a conversation with Him all the time.  We have to be sensitive to His nudges.  When we feel something in our hearts we need to act upon it.

According to God's Word, Psalm 150:6 says, "Let EVERYTHING THAT HAS BREATH, praise the Lord.  Praise ye the Lord.  God loves our praises.  We are made in His image and we like to be complimented and praised.  After everything that God has done in our lives and will do in the future, we OWE Him that, along with much more.  Talk to Him, praise Him.  Remember to ask Him for your needs, and most of all, REMEMBER HE IS YOUR FRIEND.  You can go to Him when you can't go to anyone else.

I know I am probably not speaking anything new, that you probably know all of this, but sometimes it just helps to be reminded, so that it will be refreshed in your heart.

Have a WONDERFUL DAY, and May God Bless!




Share/Bookmark

No comments: